Welcome to the Musicport Festival Blog


As tickets go on sale for Musicport 2011 – the 12th festival, the 4th year at Bridlington and aiming to be the biggest yet - we’ll blog our way through the Musicport year, bringing you news of bookings, ideas and developments as the line-up takes shape, and a glimpse of the lives and minds of the Musicport staff and crew. We’ll be looking for thoughts and comments from you too – please join in, wherever you are!

You may have noticed that this blog was rather neglected during last year's festival. This was because we took it upon ourselves to 'live tweet' the event. Follow us @musicportfest or on #musicport you can also find us on facebook

Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Inside the mind of Musicport Staff

Ah................................... sorry what mind.
Musicport, yes the highlight of the year, is about to be upon us. So what happens to me in the run up to Musicport. Firstly, Jim sends through biographies of all artists, this is so Kate and I don't sound like complete idiots when announcing people. I still manage to sound like an idiot from time to time when the brain goes dead or the mouth dries up, dress tucked into your knickers, blouse undone, unintended double entendres, intended double entendres etc . (I cried on stage once at the festival. tell you about that later) Also, this is a document which we have to have on tap because as the weekend progresses the old grey matter becomes more and more numb.
Having downloaded the biogs I then ignore Musicport for as long as I can get away with it because as soon as I start thinking about it I get this exciting feeling in the pit of my stomach, You know the type that keeps you awake at night. I can't afford that too many days in advance as sleep is not high on the agenda at Musicport.
So what goes on in my mind..........I'll let you know when I've found it.
Come and talk to us there it's lovely to meet people. Jo

No comments: