Welcome to the Musicport Festival Blog


As tickets go on sale for Musicport 2011 – the 12th festival, the 4th year at Bridlington and aiming to be the biggest yet - we’ll blog our way through the Musicport year, bringing you news of bookings, ideas and developments as the line-up takes shape, and a glimpse of the lives and minds of the Musicport staff and crew. We’ll be looking for thoughts and comments from you too – please join in, wherever you are!

You may have noticed that this blog was rather neglected during last year's festival. This was because we took it upon ourselves to 'live tweet' the event. Follow us @musicportfest or on #musicport you can also find us on facebook

Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Breath Of Fresh Air

Hi all,

I'm Gail and I will be one of the stewards at the Musicport this weekend. It's many years since I have done stewarding, but I am really looking forward to the whole atmosphere of the festival.

In Bridlington apathy tends to rule, so it's a wonderful thing that we are getting the festval ... just hope we can hold onto it! (And maybe build on it, and maybe even have a Folk festival in the future too - you never know.) Fingers, toes, eyes and everything else crossed. Hopefully the whole of Brid will get behind the festival and make it a weekend to remember.

On a personal note, I have had an 'eighteen months from hell' so I am almost bursting with anticipation and excitement over this weekend. It will be like a breath of fresh air for me at a time when 'if it can go wrong it DOES go wrong'. Unless I fall and break me neck of course! Hopefully I WILL still be upright on Friday !?!?!?!?!

Anyway, good luck to all concerned. This will be my first Musicport .... and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Songlines magazine will be hosting artist CD signing sessions throughout the weekend. So far we have confirmations from Ivo Pappasov, Moussou T, Etran Finatawa, Billy Cobham, Mor Karbasi and Bob Brozman.

See you at the festival.

Paul